Saturday, August 30, 2014

Today is a day of packing and running last minute errands.  I heard from Barb this morning.  She's currently on a flight from Minneapolis to Dallas-Fort Worth with a connection to Raleigh.  Flights are on schedule and things seem to be progressing smoothly (This was an edit.  I had originally used the word normally, but then on reflection of some of my travels decided another word would better describe her ease of travel.)

My bags are basically packed and ready add to the pile of Barb's gear that we brought back with us from our summer visit.  I've considered surreptitiously packing a few of my heavy objects in her bags, but know she weighed them before she turned them over, and I'd soon be discovered.  :)

Personally, I didn't sleep all that well last night, a result of a combination of excitement and trepidation of the unknown part of our journey.  But as soon as we begin pedalling, I'm sure sleep will easily find me.

I did look up the St. Augustine weather forecast for Tuesday, as well as checked out elevation changes for the first few days of the ride.  It seems we may be blessed with some light tailwinds and the ride is mostly downhill for the first few days.  :)  Those of you who have ridden with me before can interpret my report based on previous experience.  :)


1 comment:

  1. I remember well about your downhills and tailwinds but I also remember that you promised a shower everyday not realizing that it was going to rain 10 of the first 13 days!!!

    ReplyDelete