Wednesday, September 10, 2014

This evening finds us at the River's Edge campgrounds 3 miles south of Holt, Fl.

We rode 55 miles today, punctuated by a bike repair in downtown Crestview.   A bolt in the cleat on the bottom of my sandal broke and made it impossible for me to remove my sandal from the pedal.  Fortunately,  Barb had included a new set of cleats in her pack and so after visiting a local hardware store for the correct Allen wrench, we were able to make a speedy repair on a sidewalk bench and were soon on our way.

The Florida landscape has taught us one thing very well.  "Florida is not flat."  I knew there would be hills, of course.  But I feel like a recalcitrant schoolboy being asked to write over and over again "Florida is not flat."  "Florida is not flat. "  I can't remember when I've been in my granny gears so much.  Enough already!

We hope to be in Pensacola tomorrow and have already been told what a joy Dauphin Island is.

We're well and in good spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment